Visa For Music (VFM) is the first professional market /festival of Africa and Middle-East musics : it is a new event born in 2013 and organizing its 5th edition in 2018, with about 30 showcases at the center of the project, but also conferences, speed- meetings, workshops and trainings…
This project was born from a paradox : on the one hand, the lack of visibility for African and Middle-Eastern artists at an international level and, on the other hand, a very important artistic dynamism and musical creation from these musicians. To fight against this problem, Visa For Music has as first goal to highlight the artistic creation of Africa and the Middle-East, first of all regarding the world music and actual music.
The six main goals of Visa For Music are:
- Promote music from Morocco, Africa and the Middle-East to Europe and northern markets
- Encourage artistic mobility between African countries and the Middle-East
- Participate in the development of the local cultural sector in these areas – Develop the music scene at an international level
- Contribute to the improvement of the status of artists from southern countries
- Strengthen the North-South and South-South relationships in the cultural sector
After four edition Visa For Music became one of the essential and major meeting places for professionals of the whole music industry, as a sharing platform for the defense and promotion of the musical sector of African and Middle-Eastern countries, with approximately 3200 professionals assisting to the 185 showcases by the 1093 artists.
We continue to invite all the professionals who place culture at the very center of their concerns to join Visa For Music’s support network and we hope we can count on your presence among us during this structuring event of the cultural industry, from November 21st to 24th 2018, for the 5th edition of this ambitious project.
Brahim El Mazned